1. Almond Butter ... On EVERYTHING!! I love the crunchy/raw kind and eat it on celery, apples, toast with honey, bananas or mix a spoon full in non-fat Greek yogurt!
2. Guacamole .... I am obsessed with avocados and also eat them plain but I love to make guacamole!! I use carrots, cucumbers, celery or multi grain chips to scoop up the deliciousness!
3. Hummus ... Once again fresh veggies to scoop it up!
4. Fresh fruit .. I love to freeze grapes, blueberries and mango to take on to the beach with me! SOOOO refreshing and the kids love it too!
5. Healthy snacks like this trail mix here .. or I will make my own sweet trail mix that the kids absolutely devour!
6. Chia Squeeze! So simple, easy and nutrient packed!
7. Quick summer salads ... this one is a Quinoa, Wheat berry and Brown Rice Salad.
8. Dried Fruit ... this helps with the sweet tooth and sugar craving that I get!
9. Kind Bars!!! We are LOVING these right now! So clean and natural ... there is no excuse to eat junk when you can grab on of these bars:
Most of the time I am literally finishing up a run/workout then throwing on a bathing suit and packing up to head out for the day with the kids:
So these are all simple and easy healthy options that we love plus I always make sure my boys have their sandwiches ( I use natural PB and honey or strawberry jam ) .. luckily they are not horribly picky eaters!
And of course we splurge on our beach treats also:
Checkout Real Food Period for tons of healthy quick food! Chef Debbie has a ton of yummy quick summer salads and meals waiting for you.
Hope you are enjoying your summer!
What are your favorite summer snacks??